Thursday, April 29, 2010

New Stuido Lighting work...

Here are a few pictures that I have been working on in my studio lighting class. The the project was to take pictures of things that I felt I liked/natural/disliked. So the objects that to chose to take pictures of where baseball caps. It was not that they are hats that I like to wear more then the other but it is what is one that hat that makes me like one hat more then the other one. The way that I lit each one of these hats I was trying to show how I felt about each one. Being from the San Francisco area I am a Giants fan. So I gave the look of that hat a spot lit feeling with it almost being as though there was a heavenly light shining down upon it. Then the Cubs hat is just lit like a normal product shot with just one light above the hat. Then there is the Dodger hat that is lit in the shadows as if the only thing that I want you to see is the LA logo so that you can still see what the object is but that at the same time you should be ashamed of what that object is.

And these are just some of the work that I have been doing. But the other problem that I had was that my back up drive with all my pictures on it crashed so I lost about 2 years worth of photos. So it is as if I am having to start all over again from scratch. I learned my lesson now though always back up my shit.






No comments:

Post a Comment